Thursday, July 6, 2017

My Mother's Heritage.

MY MOTHER'S HERITAGE.

Heritage is defined as something that is passed down from generation to generation. It could be a trait, an object, a skill - anything. I grew up surrounded by adoption so the topic of heritage is very important to me. Being blood related doesn't always make you family, whether it be through adoption, step families, marriage, fostering, etc. Sometimes you choose your family and sometimes your family chooses you. I was chosen by my father and his family. I was never treated any differently by my Memere and Pepere, they loved me so much and I miss them with everything in me. I grew up cherished and loved.

Today, I would like to share with you an album I made as a birthday gift to my Mom. She, and all her siblings, were adopted as babies. Her adoptive parents weren't able to conceive. She has always been curious (and a tad obsessed) with finding out her heritage. She would often be walking around and thinking "I wonder if I could be related?" She also had a bit of a tough childhood, as she was orphaned again by the age of 23 years old. That is why I feel like it is so important to find pictures and memories to document. So without further ado let me show you her story using the amazing new product lines from Close to my Heart.

Throughout the album I used all new products (listed below). I'm not going to go into the story and detail of each page to save a bit of privacy for my mom. Enjoy these pieces of artwork!

This is her heritage... this is MY heritage. Share your stories.

PRODUCTS USED.
  • Basics & Adventure Cardstock & Inks
  • Bashful Cardstock & Ink
  • Basic & Adventure Fundamentals
  • Better Together Complements
  • White, Gold & Bashful Pearls
  • Bows and Arrows Clips
  • Vellum paper
  • Bashul glitter paper
  • Silver & Gold Foil paper
  • Artistry, Flower Market & Artbooking Cricut Cartridge
  • Journaling Pen
  • Various ShinHan Markers
  • Watercolor Paints
  • All new fundamental ribbon packs
  • Splash of Color Stamp Set
  • Colorblock Alphabet Stamp Set
  • Flowering Alphabet Stamp Set
  • What Matters Most Stamp Set
  • Flourishes Essentials Stamp Set
  • Rose Embossing Folder
  • Basic Ovals Thin Cuts

1 comment:

  1. You did a wonderful presentation and your pages are gorgeous! What a special thing you have done for your mom's birthday. Family is what you make it, whether you are blood related, adopted or a group of friends. Family is there for you no matter what. Sounds like you have a very supportive family!

    ReplyDelete