This year's theme was "Who tells your Story" and it was absolutely a powerhouse of amazing presenters.
TUESDAY - TRAVELING DAY
Once we landed we were picked up at the airport by a friend of Brandy's. We all went out for supper at the Red Iguana before going to our hotel. I never tried Mexican before but it was delicious! (I'm really fussy but it was pretty safe to order just meat and cheese - LOL)
WEDNESDAY - LEADERSHIP DAY
I even got recognized as a first time promotion leader. I had to go up front and got a yummy candy apple as a gift.
Once the classes were over I had quite a few meetings to go to. First was the first time attendees Mix and Mingle. I wasn't too much of a fan of this one because there were a lot of questions that kept getting repeated or questions that didn't really pertain but oh well. We got a little gift after. :)
Next was the Canadian Meeting with Pierre Gelinas. That was fun. I always love having Pierre around. He is so nice and works really hard to improve the business and relationships in Canada. We played a funny ice breaker game where we were in groups of 5 and we had to choose 5 CTMH items that would save us in the invasion of King Kong. So we chose the No Worries paper pack, Paper Trimmer, Micro-tip scissors, Piercing tool, and the Mini stapler. We said we would distract King Kong with the pretty paper, we aren't worried. Then we would shoot staples at him to distract him while we removed the wire from the paper trimmer (the thing didn't work anyways) to trip him. Once he was down we'd stab him with the scissors and poke his eyes out with the piercing tool. Yes we are quite the violent group. LOL.
Once that meeting was over we went to Karen Morris' meeting. We were just guests but got to participate in the table discussions and see how meetings are run with such a huge group. It was super cool to see! Karen Morris is the leader of the Dream Team and has over 1200 downlines. It's crazy! Congrats to her for all her hard work and 26 years in the company.
THURSDAY - OPENING DAY
- Marching band came out to start everything off with some amazing music! And then streamers flew everywhere!
- Short video clip of home office on the screen that zooms in on our amazing CEO and Founder Jeanette Lynton waving to us with Brian and Monica on the screen and then the curtains went back and there she is with her family!
- Skits put on to tell the amazing story of Jeanette and how she came to create CTMH and it's growth.
- New product reveals including:
- Revamped whole new Basics color palette. All current colors are retiring except Black and it is becoming a stand alone with White Daisy. The new colors are called: Linen, Mink, Pebble, Heather, Pewter, Charcoal, Espresso, Nutmeg, Toffee and Almond. Colonial White is retiring.
- New color of the Year: Bashful (a light pink)
- Two toned cardstock. All colors will have a lighter shade of the color on the reverse side. Opens up a lot of possibilities and essentially gives us 84 colors to work with.
- Sidenote: We also now have silver and gold foil paper and vellum
- New Workplace Wonder pieces including a swivel base and top, Mini Tray, Ribbon Organizer, Medium Tray and Medium stack. Love it!
- New Make It From Your Heart Volume 3 with holes so it can easily slip into an Everyday Life Album.
- 2 New 10- 2 page Cut Above baby kits (1 girl, 1 boy).
- All our new fundamental paper packs and coordinating ribbon and complements.
- New thin cuts including borders, tags, banners, words, and letters!
- New cricut cartridge in both digital and physical versions called You Are Here.
- New digital only mini cartridges for each USA, Canada and Australia/New Zealand.
- 3 layered stamping plus many new stamp/thin cut bundles
- New hostess rewards that include the ability to purchase a cuttlebug and cricut explore.
- THE NEW HOLIDAY EXPRESSIONS (Sorry only available for convention attendees)
Today at the general session we had such inspirational speakers. I cried so much it's crazy. We started off with the amazing Stacy Julian who talked about how important is it to share your story and how everything can be story-ish. She also announced a new venture coming as a partnership with her and Close to my Heart in 2018! More details to come later.
In the afternoon we had a business class by Shari McAllister. It gave me many ideas on how to further my business to become more successful. It was interesting.
Next was the amazing Extravaganza presenters. Wow! Such beautiful work to showcase all our new products. Loved it! Made me want to create!
We went back to our room early that day and did some work and created wish lists after a nice supper at the Cheesecake Factory.
SATURDAY - CANADA DAY
Wow, busiest day of my life. I woke up at 4h45am to go walk/run a 5K for Operation Smile. It went much better than I thought. It was shorter than I expected and finished just under 29 minutes. I decided to walk the other 5K back to the hotel since I felt fine. (Bad idea - my legs were dead the next morning). It was really nice to see different things, downtown SLC and the State Capitol. The race was on Capitol Hill.
- An exclusive Canadian Celebrate 150 years bundle which includes cardstock, the new digital cricut cartridge featuring Canada and the exclusive 150 Years Canada Stamp! The official logo! It is available for all of July and the stamp will be available until the end of the year.
- The next convention will be at Red Rock in Las Vegas! Where Sticky Boy and Sticky Girl will be getting married.
- Our next incentive trip will be a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise!
- Jeanette Lynton herself! She came onstage to share her heart breaking story of her journey with Lyme Disease. Again, not a dry eye in the room. She also did some Q & As and forced her good looking hubby to show us some karate moves. She is a hoot and I love her so much! I'm so glad she is starting to heal and I pray for a full recovery!
- Operation Smile video, talk about their mission and then the Auction! We raised around 45 000$ over the weekend for Operation Smile! Whoohoo!
After lunch we had a great business class on Social Media by Karen Pedersen. It was perfect! I only saw the beginning as I went to prepare backstage to present after her but she did a great job.
It was my turn to present! I was SO excited and honored to be doing this. I loved it. I got to take a selfie with Monica backstage before I went on. I just felt so... important. :)
P.S. If any of you want a part in this fabulous business please click the tab called "Join my Team" at the top of the page. ;) Hope to see you all in Vegas next June!