Friday, January 15, 2016

Cross Canada Blog Hop - Creating with Watercolor

Hello and welcome to CTMH's Cross Canada Blog Hop. This week we are featuring artwork created by using Watercolors.

If you have just joined us you can start here and continue on, as this is a circular hop or if you get lost along the way you can start at the beginning with Michelle's Blog as she has the complete list. If you came here from SCRAPBOOKING WITH CHERYL you are in the right place. Now on to my project:




I used the water paints to create this layout. On a cut sheet of watercolor cardstock I masked the areas I wanted to keep white with some washi tape and cut strips of cardstock. Then I painted using different colors and blending them together.


I wanted to try and match the colors of my daughter's hat and pajamas with the background. Then I took some of the blue that would match the play doh and sprinkled it in bunches where my photos would go. I did it by wetting my paintbrush a lot, picking up the blue paint and then taping my paintbrush against my finger to make it splatter. 

There are so many possibilities using the water paints, tips and techniques that can be explored. Try to think outside of the box!

Supply List
Lagoon Cardstock
Waterpaint Set
Paint Brush Set
Water Color Cardstock
Laughing Lola Assortment (Retired)
Additional Non-CTMH supplies: Alphabet & Wooden Buttons

Thank you for checking out my project. If you would like to place an order for any of these supplies you can buy them here. If you enjoyed my project please comment below as we love feedback! Next on our blog hop is Heather from INKY HUGS. Make sure to check out her amazing work featuring this same product.

See you on February 15 as we will be featuring Cardstock Creations! Have a great day!

8 comments:

  1. Love this so much....amazing job with the paints.....you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun idea! I might need to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun & Fabulous! Love how you did the water coloured background and the embellishments are a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job. I love all the techniques used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool technique! I must try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a creative technique - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this technique. Great job.

    ReplyDelete